Yoga Workshops & Retreats
Yoga Workshops & Retreats
Spending a bit more time with yoga than in a weekly class, my yoga workshops and retreats in and around York give you more time to really connect into yourself and deepen your practice. From a few hours, an afternoon to a day or longer. They can also be a brilliant alternative way for people whose busy lives make a regular weekly class difficult to commit to, have some regular yoga in their lives too.
ALL my workshops and retreats are really inclusive, friendly and are suitable for EVERYONE, including total beginners.
Upcoming Dates - September to December 2018
Pregnancy Yoga // Mini Retreat // York Yoga Studio
Friday 7th September 2018 | 2pm - 5pm | York Yoga Studio, York
A gorgeous afternoon of nurturing yoga for all pregnant ladies, from 14 weeks to birth. Perfect for women who can't make a weekly pregnancy yoga class, or who want some extra yoga me-time in pregnancy. Includes movement, calming and focussing breath work, deep relaxation, visualisations, positive affirmations in a lovely setting with other mums-to-be. You'll leave feeling revived, relaxed and taken care of. There will be nutritious and delicious snacks, homemade cake and homemade chocolates too. - what more could you want? Find out more about my More information on pregnancy yoga mini retreat & workshop here.
What we'll do:
- The retreat will begin with fresh fruit, homemade smoothies or homemade delicious hot drinks (weather dependent!) on arrival.
- We’ll do a short gentle movement based yoga practice to ease and aches and niggles and gently stretch and ease your pregnant body.
- Followed by yoga and hypnobirthing breathing practices to find space in our hearts and calm and ground body and mind.
- We’ll take up some delicious restorative postures for pregnancy, where you can really let your body deeply relax and find stillness in your mind.
- We’ll do a guided visualisation and meditation to connect you to your pregnancy as you find calmness & ease. With a relaxing soundscape, as the sounds wash over you they’ll support you to release and let go.
- Finally a yoga nidra (a deep guided relaxation) for pregnancy where you can really enjoy some time to let go and just be in your body.
- We’ll close our mini retreat with a delicious refreshments - cake (of course!), healthy homemade nutritious treats & chocolates and refreshing drinks, and taking some time together to share and connect with liked-minded pregnant women.
We’ll also use essential oils to aid relaxation, make a special pregnancy herbal tea to share and spend time practicing mindfulness techniques to connect you to your pregnancy. And you'll get a little goodie bag to take home too.
You will leave feeling nourished, connected and so content - really ready to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy with love and calmness.
No previous yoga experience is necessary - open to EVERYONE from 14 weeks right up to birth.
I hope you can join me. Susan x
"I've always been a bit wary and nervous of yoga (including pregnancy yoga) and have been put off through fear of not knowing any terminology / thinking I'm not supple or fit enough. This was a brilliant, easy to follow introduction and I really enjoyed the whole session. Thank you Susan " Zoe
"I found the relaxation at the end surprisingly easy - I thought it might be difficult to switch off but I actually really felt relaxed and was able to clear my mind and focus on my breathing, my body and the baby - it was lovely." Alex
Slow Sundays Yoga Workshops
Modern life can be busy and stressful, and we can often find ourselves running on empty with racing minds and exhausted bodies, unaware of how to really switch off. Taking some me-time can feel like an unavailable luxury. But the reality is that when we are fully rested our body heals, our minds find clarity and our sense of energy and vitality is restored. These regular Slow Sundays yoga workshops are gentle yet powerful, an opportunity to slow down, pause, and unwind. We will systematically move, stretch, breathe and deeply relax, setting you up for the week ahead. Ensuring you are putting yourself first (for once) and you feel just brilliant.
What we'll do:
- starting with centering and connection to the breath to arrive into ourselves
- moving onto gentle slow-flowing postures, stretches,
- then into longer held yin yoga postures to deeply release into the connective tissue
- and then to restorative yoga using lot of props to support you to release
- using simple yet effective breathing techniques to restore balance and calm
- finally we end with a beautiful deep guided relaxation (called a yoga nidra).
All this accompanied by a beautiful soundscape, aromatherapy oils and candlelight to add to the feeling of tranquility and restfulness in this gorgeous space.
Suitable for all levels of yoga practice. Beginners and those totally new to yoga are very welcome.
Upcoming dates are:
- 16th September 2018
- 21st October 2018
- 25th November 2018
£15 for a sumptuous 2 1/2 hour workshop.
Includes home made chocolates at the end too. More information and booking here.
*COMING SOON* Creative Workshops
Taking time to create something, to do something different from your 'everyday life', and take joy in what you create can be so fulfilling and also help the mind to relax. These new creative workshops are a way to do something a little different, while helping us to be in the moment and be more mindful and in the flow. A really great way to learn something new, to create something (no, you don't have to be 'creative' to enjoy this - and in fact we all have so much creativity deep within us) and take away a new skill you can then do more of at home to relax and be more present.
As a creative director of some 15 years, and a genuine 'Blue Peter kid' (is it even still on the tv??) I have a deep love of all things design, craft and making. Being absorbed in creating something really takes you to another place in your brain, lets you relax and simply enjoy the act of creating. So in these workshops you'll learn from my own design training and love of art, design and craft whilst having fun learning a skill and taking something unique home that you have created. These workshops are all about exploring, making mistakes, and having fun. There will also be copious amounts of tea and cake and some atmospheric grooves to add to your enjoyment. I'm really looking forward to sharing these with you.
If you'd like to be the first to know about these workshops, please drop me an email email@example.com or use the button below and you'll be 'on the list'!
Fertility Yoga Workshop
Next worksop Autumn 2018 - dates tbc | Stables Yoga Centre, York | Register your interest now.
Fertility Yoga for supporting your journey to motherhood. For women who are planning to start a family soon and want to prepare themselves, women trying to conceive, struggling to conceive, or looking at assisted fertility treatment. More information on Fertility Yoga here.
Yoga Workshop & Retreat Venues
York Yoga Studio, 112 Acomb Road, York, YO24 4EY (view map) Plenty of easy and free onstreet parking available.
Stables Yoga Centre, 10a Nunmill Street, York, Y023 1NU (view map) Parking available onstreet, or pay and display carpark (2 hours for 80p)
Yoga mats and props are provided for you at ALL venues (but you are very welcome to bring your own if you prefer).