Private One to One Yoga Sessions
Yoga was traditionally taught by one teacher directly to one student. The ancient yoga teachers understood the importance of individualizing each yoga expereince to meet the need of the individual student. Todays group classes are great and help create a strong sense of community and affordable yoga, however in a group class teachers may not be able to deliver the individualized attention and guidance that we all need at one time or another.
A private session allows for a more intimate view into YOUR practice. You can start a new practice, deepen your current practice or spend some time working with an injury or specific goal or concern. The sessions are tailored specifically to meet your individual needs, whatever they may be, and supporting you on to one. Taking a one off, or a series of private yoga sessions, is an investment for your personal growth and health.
Brilliantly beneficial for:
- People who can't fit a regular yoga class into their busy schedule.
- People who have injuries or illness that means they find a class environment doesn't meet their needs.
- People who want a class tailored to their individual needs. For example hip flexibility, improving balance, reducing stress, post natal nourishing, pregnancy yoga, yoga for helping fertility.
- People who would like to develop a home practice but don't know where to start.
- People who want to develop and deepen part of their practice that their usual class does not cover in detail, for example breathing techniques, specific postures or meditation.
- People who want to nurture themselves with a one to one restorative yoga session.
- Small groups of friends, community groups or mums who would like a special yoga class just for them.
6 benefits of a private yoga class:
- Learn the basics. Ease or reduce the stress or intimidation experienced by beginners when attending large group yoga classes for the first time. Private yoga lessons can give you a crash course on the basics of yoga, which will give you the foundation necessary to feel comfortable in a group environment.
- Private yoga classes are the perfect way to work with special health concerns, injuries, or any other limitations you may experience. Working one-on-one with a you will learn how to adapt certain postures and use modifications as well as find out if there are specific poses to avoid when in class.
- Boosting your confidence. I will encourage and help you understand the mechanics of the poses, and provide modifications and alternatives for you so you get the most out of your yoga practice.
- Fit in with your life. Private yoga sessions can be offered at a time that best suits your life, making it easier not to lose the motivation.
- Create a yoga tool kit. Working one to one allow us to create for you your own set of yoga postures and techniques that you can use anytime.
- Develop and learn. Experienced yoga practitioners can also greatly benefit from private yoga lessons especially for those who want to take their practice to the next level, explore areas in more depth or simply like some individual support. I can work closely with you in leading you into more challenging poses in a safe and inspiring environment, so you develop more quickly that in a group class.
I have my own dedicated small yoga studio, situated on the edge of York, which is perfect for one to one private yoga sessions. The studio is full of lovely yoga mats, blocks, straps, blankets and other yoga props for you to use in your private yoga sessions - so there's no need to bring anything with you.
Plenty of easy and free parking is always available, and public transport options are good too including the train direct from York and Harrogate.
If you prefer I can also travel to your home or workplace to work with you, bringing mats, props and everything you may need with me, to help with busy schedules.
What we'll do
I want to make working together as easy and straighforward as possible, here's how we do it:
- We start with either a telephone or email consultation and questionnaire to discuss your needs and what you want to acheieve from the session(s), and discussing any relevant injuries, illness and your yoga likes and dislikes too.
- I put together for you a personalised session, or programme of sessions, based on our consultation. The content, pace and focus is based on your needs.
- We arrange a good time for the yoga session(s) to take place.
- After the session I follow up with you by email, to answer any questions you have post the session.
- And you can email me too afterwards to clarify any points, so you feel confident and happy in what we worked on together (I want you to get the maximum benefit from the sessions).
- They can be booked as one offs, or as a series, with the intervals to suit your needs.
I want to make the cost of private yoga sessions affordable, but still reflect that the work undertaken with you is completely tailored towards your needs and requirements and includes the work I do for our session before and afterwards too. I will provide you with the best of my skills, qualifications and life experience, to help you acheieve what you are looking for from your practice.
Private yoga at my own studio is £45 per 1 hour session (included in this price is the email/phone consultation and email follow up). A block of five 1 hour classes is £200 (saving £25 on individual session prices). Travel to your home or place of work will be at an additional cost, depending on location.
If you would like to purchase a private yoga session as a gift for someone, just let me know and I can provide a printable gift voucher for you too.
Pregnancy Yoga Class One to One in York
1:1 private classes work with the needs of mum-to-be, focusing on any problem areas, working on breathing techniques and keeping her physically active. The sessions are tailored specifically to meet your needs, and to support you one-to-one at this special time. Taking a one off, or a series of private pregnancy yoga lessons is an investment in you and your baby.
- Women who are finding it difficult to fit pregnancy yoga into their busy lives, as they are at a time to suit you.
- Women with specific problems in pregnancy such as SPD, Pelvic Girdle Pain or Sciatica as classes can be tailored specifically to you.
- Women who are looking for some relaxation - we can create a delicious restorative, nurturing yoga practice full of brilliant breathing techniques and a 'super savasan' relaxations, with a deeply relaxing yoga nidra too. Gorgeous, a real treat!
Where? I have my own dedicated small yoga studio, situated on the edge of York, which is perfect for one to one private yoga sessions. The studio is full of lovely yoga mats, blocks, straps, blankets and other yoga props for you to use in your private yoga sessions - so there's no need to bring anything with you. If you prefer I can also travel to your home or workplace to work with you, bringing mats, props and everything you may need with me, to help with busy schedules.
Cost: Private yoga at my own studio is £45 per 1 hour session. A block of five 1 hour classes is £200 (saving £25 on individual session prices). Travel to your home or place of work will be at an additional cost, depending on location.
For more information about pregnancy yoga and my other pregnancy classes, workshops and retreats click here.
I also offer yoga programmes, which run over 6 weeks, for individuals in a range of areas including:
- Yoga for Modern Life - Unwind & Relax
- Yoga For Modern Women - Fertility
- Yoga for Modern Women - Pregnancy
- Yoga for Modern Mothers - Postnatal Recovery
Find out more
To find out more about about private yoga sessions, or to make a booking, you can
- contact me via the enquiry form below
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone Susan on 07954 238 424
I look forward to hearing from you.