Chai latte - is just the perfect drink at this time of year! It ooozes gorgeous festive spices, it's warming, it smells fab while you are making it and tastes even better. Adding frothy milk really makes it for me (and makes it a latte, not just a cup of chai), but you can just add cold milk if you prefer. Best enjoyed snuggled up in a blanket :) Enjoy!
Chai Latte Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 black tea bags
- 3/4 cup whole milk, almond milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon maple or agave syrup
- pinch ground cinnamon
- Boil up all first 7 ingredients for about 10 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Add the 2 tea bags and leave to brew for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup of this chai tea and turn into a latte by heating up the milk, adding the maple/agave syrup and then frothing it with a stick blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the chai tea into a mug. Slowly add the warm frothy milk to the tea. Sprinkle the top of the chai latte with a pinch of cinnamon, if desired.
Store the rest of the chai tea in the fridge up to two weeks, ready to indulge whenever you fancy. I doubt it will last long! You can play around with the proportions of spices and try out different combinations - you may want to add less cloves, up the cardamon or add a few little fennel seeds.