Post Natal Yoga in York & Yorkshire
I am delighted to teach Post Natal Yoga to women in and around York. I currently teach this as private one-to-one yoga sessions at my own private studio in York. This can also be arrange as lessons for small groups of friends, or in other local yoga studios. As well as being a qualified pregnancy and postnatal yoga teacher I am also a trained Doula.
Post Natal yoga is a wonderful practice and a great way to heal, strengthen and nurture yourself without needing a babysitter. It helps you to reconnect with your body, find some calm and stillness in this exciting but exhausting time, and also have time to really nourish and replenish yourself as a new mother - which is so very important.
Benefits of Post Natal Yoga:
Post Natal yoga has many benefits for your body, and your mind too, in the first year of motherhood (usually starting after your 6 week check):
- Strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- Releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
- Helps to improve posture
- Decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
- Rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
- Builds patience and inner-calm
- Learn breathing techniques that can help you get you and baby to sleep
- Brings fun and pleasure to both parent and baby
Post Natal Yoga One to One
1:1 private classes work with the needs of new mothers, focusing on your unique post pregnancy body, allowing you to keep strong ans supple, release tension from both body and mind and keeping your physically active. Also working on breathing and mindfulness techniques techniques to help you find calm and strength within. The sessions are tailored specifically to meet your needs, and to support you one-to-one at this special time. Taking a one off, or a series of private post natal yoga lessons is an investment in you at this special time.
- Women who are finding it difficult to fit yoga into their busy lives, as they are at a time to suit you.
- Women with specific problems in the post natal period such a diastasis recti (separation of stomach muscles) as classes can be tailored specifically to you.
- Women who are looking for some deep relaxation - we can create a delicious restorative, nurturing yoga practice full of brilliant breathing techniques and a 'super savasana' relaxations, with a deeply relaxing yoga nidra too. Gorgeous, a real treat!
Where? I have my own dedicated small yoga studio, situated on the edge of York, which is perfect for one to one private yoga sessions. The studio is full of lovely yoga mats, blocks,bolsters, straps, blankets and other yoga props for you to use in your private yoga sessions - so there's no need to bring anything with you. If you prefer I can also travel to your home to work with you, bringing mats, props and everything you may need with me, to help with nap times etc.
Cost: Private yoga at my own studio is £45 per 1 hour session. A block of five 1 hour classes is £200 (saving £25 on individual session prices). Travel to your home or place of work will be at an additional cost, depending on location.
Post Natal Yoga for Diastasis Recti
Susan also works with women who have a condition post natally called Diastasis Recti, or separation of the abdominal muscles. Adapting your yoga practice particularly for this condition, to help strengthen and close and importantly not making it any worse (which many yoga postures can do). Do email me for more information about this condition and how I can help you.
Find out more
To find out more about about post natal yoga or to make a booking, you can
- contact me via the enquiry form on the right
- email email@example.com
- phone Susan on 07954 238 424
I look forward to hearing from you.