Slow Sundays Yoga Workshops
Enjoy some gorgeous yoga 'me-time'. These regular Slow Sundays yoga workshops are gentle yet powerful, an opportunity to slow down, pause, and unwind. We will systematically move, stretch, breathe and deeply relax, setting you up for the week ahead. Ensuring you are putting yourself first (for once) and you feel just brilliant.
- People who are always busy, feel stressed out, running on empty and feeling exhausted.
- People wanting to press the pause button on their busy life, just for a couple of hours.
- People wanting find calm and find clarity in their mind.
- People wanting to restore vitality and energy.
- All levels of yoga exerience - from expert to total beginner.
- People wanting to try out a new style of yoga - yin yoga, restorative yoga or yoga nidra.
- People who can't make a regular weekly class, but still want some yoga time.
What we'll do:
- We'll start with some gentle slow-flowing yoga postures to gently warm and awaken the body, along with simple yet effective breathing techniques to restore balance and calm to the mind.
- Moving onto some Yin Yoga. This is a wonderful practice, done seated or lying down, working on releasing tension through longer held poses and making space in the body.
- Using lots of bolsters, blankets and props we'll experience some gorgeous Restorative Yoga poses, which allow the body to yield and release, calms the nervous system, and allows you to practice stillness in body and mind.
- We'll end with a beautiful deep guided relaxation (called a Yoga Nidra which means 'yogic sleep'). This is a deeply relaxing practice (as the name suggests!) done lying down, that really calms the mind.
- Accompanied by a beautiful gentle soundscape, aromatherapy oils and candlelight to add to the feeling of tranquility and restfulness in this lovely space.
How you'll feel:
You'll leave this yoga workshop feeling:
- stretched and released
- calm and relaxed
- revived in body and mind
- nourished and ready for the week ahead
- deeply rested
Kind comments from previous Slow Sundays:
"You created a very special space & the yoga was so relaxing & nurturing - thank you!"
"Thanks for your email, but bigger thanks for Sunday. It was so lovely and you worked so hard to ensure everyone felt nurtured. The yin yoga was just perfect. Thank you Susan."
"Just got home from this amazing workshop! It was the most relaxing couple of hours I've had for ages. I've left feeling completely relaxed and ready for the week ahead. A brilliant way to kick off 2017! Thank you Susan"
"Such a lovely way to spend a Sunday. "
" Slow Sundays are a wonderful, nourishing and way to gently stretch and have some you time. Perfect for all ability yogis to check in with their bodies and breathe. Highly recommended"
When & where:
- When? Now booking for Sundays - 9th July, 17th September, 22nd October, 19th Novemeber 2017. ADVANCE BOOKING ESSENTIAL.
- What time? 2.30pm to 5pm
- Where? York Yoga Studio, 112 Acomb Road, York, YO24 4EY. This is a really beautiful, tranquil space with all the equipment you'll need (mats, bolsters, blocks etc). Bring a jumper, socks and an extra blanket if you can (nothing special, just a blanket from home). Lots of free and easy on street parking available.
- How much? £15 for this sumptuous 2 & 1/2 hour workshop. Including delicious home made chocolates at the end too.
Please note, the previous Slow Sundays totally sold out well in advance, so please book ASAP to be sure of a place.